Saturday, June 27, 2015

85. Well, that's what it's all about, isn't it?



No birthday cake.
No gifts.
No party.
No guests.

Still I had the most memorable birthdays I've had in a very long while, yesterday, even though our kids were not home this time.


It all started when I discovered that this time my birthday falls on a holiday.  Which means I am not greeted with fake official sounding greetings that doesn't mean a shit. The harassment of being asked for a party which makes it an obligation,  more than a celebration. Nobody will wish me happy birthday and next instance do the opposite contrary to the greeting and the day.

I went to bed the previous night seeing half a dozen greetings already posted on FaceBook.

Deepa made a point to make all my favorite for all meals. We had home made microwave pizza in the morning. An special fried rice with all my favorite dishes for lunch. Then I was surprised with jam tarts she had made for afternoon tea. And Thosai for dinner.
All my favorites. 

We watched a movies with each meal as we always do.

I answered all the FB greetings that flooded in.
You may think FB greetings are as fake as the ones you get at the work place. Well, I didn't feel like that. At least not about most o them. I enjoyed reading them. They meant so much to me and made me happier. That's what it's all about it, isn't it?

My wife posted a greeting.
My daughter wrote me a poem.
My son made a small video clip.
And most of all he said he loved me, which is a special from someone who is in an age you think to admit and say in public that he loves his dad is embarrassing.
Sindu Ano posted me a song and a video.
What else one can ask for?

I really had a rocking time.
I didn't miss a birthday cake.
I didn't miss gifts.
I didn't miss a party.
I didn't miss guests.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS VERY MUCH.

And now you can SPICE’EM UP, too. :)

Wanna escape HTML?

This is how to insert a link:
<a href="LINK HERE"> WORDS HERE</a>

Video: Youtube video link

Images: [im]...........................[/im]

scrolling effect: [ma].....................[/ma]

font size: [en="2"]..............[/en]

font color: [co="red"].........................[/co]

centralize the text: [ce]..................[/ce]

scrolling effect in right side: [ma+]......................[/ma+]

box the comment: [box]....................[/box]

mark the comment: [mark].................[/mark]

background effect: [card="blue"].....................[/card]

image to fit the column(100%): [im#]...........................[/im]

Highlight the words: [hi="yellow"].........................[/hi]